Combat/Patrol Application Tourniquet
Extremity Hemorrhage Control in Combat/Tactical/Pre-Hospital Situations...
The C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research. Tests proved that the C-A-T® completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage.
The C-A-T® utilizes a durable windlass system with a free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A Velcro® strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The C-A-T®’s unique design avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under combat/survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
- Awarded One of the “Top 10 Greatest Inventions” by the U.S. Army
- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army
- Used by both Conventional and Special Operation Forces
- True, One-Handed Application Tourniquet
- Quickly Controls Life-Threatening Extremity Bleeding
- Proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research
- Recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care
- Designed to Perform in All Weather Conditions
- Small and Cost-Effective
- Also Available for Active Use in Rescue Orange & Training Use in Trainer Blue